airplane icon

International flight students working in Canada after training in Canada

If you complete your flight training (PPL, CPL, IFR, instructor rating) with our school under a student visa/permit and wish to work as a flight instructor, there is a straight forward way to get a work permit and eventually permanent residence in Canada.

Flight instructors who meet either of the following criteria may be issued work permits under the C43 provision:
• The applicant has completed a flight-training course at a Canadian training centre and has obtained a Canadian commercial pilot’s licence;
• The applicant has obtained, or is in the process of obtaining, an instructor’s rating and has received an offer of employment as a flight instructor from a flight training centre.

Applicants providing either of the above documents may be issued an open work permit, valid up to three years. Flight training under eight months does not qualify a student for the work permit.

Again this presumes you have completed your training (Commercial Licence) with our school. For questions, feel free to contact us. If you have completed your Commercial Licence outside of Canada then you cannot qualify for this program. There may be other ways to get a work permit, but we are not work permit experts. Suggest to check out

Translate »